In my blog post “Why you should Let Go of Familiar Vamps“, I listed four reasons why it is important to remove all negative energy sources from your life regardless of the relation.
Here I would like to share with you a few ways that I personally cleanse myself and the space around me of negative energy. Although I am sharing a few of my chosen methods with you, know that all it takes is slowing down the mind, relaxing, and centering oneself to renew your energy.
So here we go!
***Make sure to create a clean and pure environment before doing any kind of cleansing ritual.***
- Ritual Baths
Smudging is an ancient practice commonly used for the purposes of clearing energy and healing.
- Clean the house thoroughly.
- Open all windows and inside doors.
- Light the end of your herbs (sage).
- Move around each room with the smudge stick in a clockwise direction, making sure to get in each corner and behind all doors.
- While cleansing make sure to think happy thoughts, dance, chant, sing, etc.
- Once each room is done the process is complete, extinguish herbs and place in a safe or sacred space.
Why I like smudging?
It not only spiritually cleanses my space but it also offers the physical feel of a clean environment. You know how you clean up and it just feels different in the room. Studies have shown that smudging not only cleanses negative energy but also removes bacteria from the air much like a can of Lysol but without the chemicals. Plus it improves your intuition!
Ritual Baths are a form of spiritual cleansing used for protection, the removal of negative energy from the aura, and the raising of positive vibrations.
My favorite recipe is: 1/2 cup Epsom Salt, 1/2 baking soda, 1 table spoon sea salt, 6 – 12 drops Sandalwood or Frankincense essential oil! If you do not have essential oils that is ok. Try using things that you do have at your disposal such as coconut oil (pure).
- Make sure to shower prior to your ritual bath and clean the tub before running your bath water.
- Submerge your entire body in the water (from head to toe). Sit in the water for at least six to fifteen minutes.
- Ask spirit guides or pray for assistance, protection, and the removal of unwanted energy.
- Air dry body, may towel dry hair.
***Try to take a ritual bath at least once a month. ***
Meditation is the thinking over and contemplation of something. Meditating is nonstop calm thought about a subject (14c.)
The myth is there is a certain way to meditate. Again all you have to do is slow down enough to relax the mind and centering yourself. Whatever happens next is as it should be. Many people think meditation is about the clearing of thoughts, however the definition (as we just learned) states otherwise. Whether your thoughts disappear or are magnified. Focus!
My favorite meditation practices are coloring in abstract adult coloring books, writing, reading, shower meditation and of course traditional meditation!
Try out these cleansing methods or develop some of your own practices. Whatever you decide remember it all starts with and in the mind!
Peace, Love, & Light