Mama is nature! Nature provides us with everything we need to survive. Just like choosing to eat to live, I choose natural medicine for MOST things. In my post Detoxing, I explained to you all how I use apple cider vinegar as part of my morning detoxing routine (a liver detox) but that’s not the only reason you should have apple cider vinegar in your kitchen cubby or medicine cabinet!
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) helps to balance the pH in the body. Most diseases come from excessive mucous, resulting from an imbalance of alkalinity. That means that ACV can help to treat and prevent numerous ailments.
- Relieves constipation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Speeds up Weight loss
- Treat/reduce heartburn
- pH regulation
- Balance blood sugar levels
- Fight allergies
- Relieve sinus pressure
- Clear up fungal and bacterial rashes
- Dissolve kidney stones
- Cleans your digestive system
- Reduces inflammation
- Treat fingernail and toenail fungus
- Prevent UTIs
- Kills cancer cells and decreases their growth
The best thing about ACV and most of Mama’s Gifts is that it has properties that we can benefit from in many different ways.
Here is a list of ways that I personally use apple cider vinegar in my home.
- Detoxing Agent! Add ACV to your drinks for a body cleanse or to water for a detoxing spray. (Try and armpit detox!)
- Hair! As a natural girl I love using ACV on my fro. It helps soften my hair while detoxing my scalp. It is great for detangling and removing product buildup & dandruff, all the while aiding in growth ***ACV is also used to kill fleas and lice.
- Household Cleaner! Add ACV and essential oils to water to make an all-purpose cleaner, that you can use to clean everything from the ceiling fan to the floor. And it chemical free and kid approved! If you don’t have essential oils and/or cant afford them, don’t wanna buy them, then white vinegar is great for cleaning too! Just 1.00 at the dollar store!
- Mouthwash! Use ACV and water as a mouthwash to whiten teeth and freshen breath. Speaking of fresh breath, the antibacterial properties of ACV make it a natural air freshener or deodorizer!
- Preserver! When I make soaps for family and friends, I add ACV to prevent molding. This gives my product longevity.
- Face Wash! Much like witch hazel, ACV is a good skin toner and lessens the chances of future acne breakouts.
- Cramp Relief! Get rid of that Charlie horse by rubbing ACV directly onto the aching muscle!
If you don’t have Apple Cider Vinegar in your house right now, make sure to get you some today! For a few dollars spent, you can improve your body and your environment! If you have some and haven’t used it for any of these uses, make sure to try it out and let me know what you think. If you are an avid ACV user, and you use it in a way that I have not described, give me the tea…I learn from everyone!
Remember ACV w/ MAMA, because the Magic is in the MAMA!
Peace, Love, & Light